Wed, Jun 07|
GVBC Primetimers: "Best of Little Italy" San Diego Tour
Join the Primetimers Ministry and experience the story of Little Italy, San Diego--a neighborhood with an Italian presence since 1871! Register by May 21, 2023.
Jun 07, 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Los Angeles, 5515 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038, USA
A thrilling adventure through time from the late 19th century and the coming of the Italians to San Diego up through today's modern-day renaissance. Lunch is included at Little Italy’s oldest restaurant. Your tour guide will bring this guest experience to life with humor, drama, and excitement all bundled together!
• The Piazza Basilone-fountain/war memorial, honoring the boys of Little Italy who died at war plus a visit to the Piazza della Famiglia—the new center of Little Italy with its beautiful fountain and the Piazza Pescatore—dedicated to the historic fisherman of Little Italy.
• SPECIAL ACCESS INSIDE--Little Italy’s Italian church built in 1925 recipient of a recent 2.5 million restoration with stunning religious art--frescoes, oil paintings & stained glass
• Historic homes from the 19th century including a visit INSIDE a fully-restored Italian home built in the 1880’s
• Hidden neighborhood landmarks of the world that was...in the Italian quarter
• The house of the Black Hand--the shadowy gang that reigned during Prohibition era, when for a brief time, they intimidated local Italian businesses with threats of violence
• A visit inside an old-world Italian grocery store built in the 1920's - and much more!
Departure Time: 8:00 am
Return Time: 6:30 pm
TOUR COST: $169.00 per person. The final payment is due by May 21, 2023. Make checks payable to GVBC.
*NO REFUNDS after final payment is made*
For questions or more information, contact: Keiko Imatomi at (310) 327-0843 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org